Fun with Sign and Speech (FS2) – Parent-child Sign Bilingual Class is led by one hearing instructor and one deaf instructor co-teaching in Hong Kong Sign Language and Cantonese. There are 3 sessions per phase.
- Children can learn abstract concepts in a more iconic way through sign language and it is easier for them to understand the meaning of vocabularies.
- Learning visually can help children improve their concentration.
- Learning sign language in a relaxed atmosphere can help parents and their kids develop an alternative communication channel and parents and enhance their parent-child relationship.
Sign Bilingual Parent-child Class (Aged 2-3)
There are 3 sessions per phase. One sign bilingual story and related parent-child activities are included in each session. Hence, parents and children can learn sign language vocabularies and their ability of expression can be enhanced.
- The class is conducted according to stories.
- One nursery rhyme with sign language will be taught in each phase. Parents and children can learn sign language through songs.
- Social skills of children can be developed through interactions with deaf instructor, sign bilingual stories and parent-child activities.
Sign Bilingual Parent-child Class (Aged 3-7)
There are 3 sessions per phase and the content of each phase is developed based on different themes and a thematic story. Interesting interactive activities of the theme are provided so that the children can use the signs they learned:
- Session 1: Thematic story, parent-child games
- Session 2: Nursery rhyme with sign language, music ensembles
- Session 3: Performance time (performing the nursery rhyme with sign language and story together)
- The class is conducted according to themes that are closely related to daily life.
- In mixed-age classes, children can learn to cooperate with each other and care for each other, and be more tolerant.
- Children can utilise their creativity and increase self-confidence through performing together with other children.
|Date:||Every Saturday (except public holidays)|
Group A: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Group B: 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
Group C: 12:45 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Group D: 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Group D: 3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
|Venue:||SLCO Community Resources (2/F, Canton Plaza, 1125-1127 Canton Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon)|
|Target:||Suitable for families with children of 2-7 years old|
|Fees:||3 sessions per phase, $600 (hearing students) / $450 (deaf students or their siblings / CODA) for each phase|
Tuition fee waivers and additional subsidies for deaf children and CODA